The Bay Club Gateway prides itself in only employing the very best professionals in the hospitality and fitness industry. A Head Lifeguard is responsible for facilitating a safe and enjoyable environment to the members, guests, and staff, and to exceed Bay Clubs' standards of professionalism and teamwork. The Head Guard would manage a staff of 10-12 guards and be responsible for lifeguarding, scheduling, and deck management.
We are looking for a lifeguard to work shifts:
Monday - Friday: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm (will adjust to 9:00 am - 6:00 pm Mid-May to Labor Day)
Saturday - Sunday: 10:30 am - 6:00 pm
1. Current Lifeguard certification. (We are running American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification Courses in April and May if you are not currently certified.)
2. Current CPR certification.
3. Current First Aid certification.
*It is the responsibility of the Lifeguard for keeping these certifications current and providing the Aquatics Director with proof of recertification when necessary.
4. Excellent verbal and communication skills.
5. Strong service orientation and attitude; the ability to provide members, guests and staff with exceptional service in a friendly and professional manner.
1. Maintain watch over the pool area ensuring a secure and safe environment by enforcing pool rules and regulations.
2. Must convey to employees and members a positive attitude about the club and the management of the club.
3. Must have a cooperative attitude when working with other departments within the club.
4. Must be considerate, patient, and willing to instruct and help fellow employees to maintain a smooth-running department and club.
5. Address all members using their first name whenever possible.
6. Take all prudent and necessary steps to solve member problems, complaints and concerns.
Pool/Outdoor Supervision and general tasks:
1. The lifeguard will employ accident prevention as the primary goal of work place responsibility.
2. Where prevention fails, the lifeguard responds as a rescue expert with solid judgment and in accordance with established standards and practices.
3. Respond to all injuries, incidents, and emergencies as directed by club policy.
4. The lifeguard will demonstrate a positive concern for achieving and maintaining good public relations. In this respect, the lifeguard's challenge is to maximize patrons' fun while minimizing or eliminating their risk for injury.
5. The lifeguard is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of the pool and it's surrounding area.
6. Take all steps prudent and necessary to insure that the facility and environment is safe and that all equipment is in proper order and stored in designated areas when not in use.
1. Attend and be punctual for your shift, appointments, activities, and staff/club meetings.
2. Notify Aquatics Director of emergencies, faulty equipment, or unresolved concerns.
3. Wear proper uniform and nametag when working in club (clothes must be clean and pressed).
4. Promote and stay informed about club events and programs.
5. Make an effort to participate in activities and programs in all departments of the club.