We are looking for a experienced kitchen chef to head up 77 Social Lounge at Redwood Shores. Flexibility in work schedule, as job may require day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays.
About the Position
Under the direction of the GM, Regional Chef, and Corporate Director of F&B, The 77 Chef is responsible for the creation and implementation of culinary activities within the restaurant, banquet and conference facilities. This position will create and produce quality product and services while maintaining profitability and overall success of 77 and banquet services. The 77 Chef manages related kitchen staff, manages expense and asset control, and customer service standards.
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Advancement opportunities
- Complimentary full use of Bay Club facilities
- Discounts on services, lessons, amenities, and F&B products.
- Organize and maintain kitchen equipment and supplies
- Inventory and order food product, as well as assist with sourcing
- Create and produce quality product and services while maintaining profitability and overall success of Café and banquet
- Develop, create and presentation of menu selections and ensure that culinary staff is carefully following standard recipes while preparing assigned food items for service
- Ensure quality of food presentation; check front line food preparation area for completeness prior to service
- Active participation in line production; rotate as expeditor and kitchen station, as necessary
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices, including HAACP guidelines
- Daily walk through of kitchen to ensure a clean, organized, safe and well-maintained facility
- Hires, trains, supervises, and develops those supervised in accordance with company policies and directives
- Compiles comprehensive reports regarding performance of supervised Associates, as well as performs timely performance evaluations on supervised Associates
- Conduct weekly departmental and divisional meetings to provide goals and operational feedback
- Responsible for the implementation of company policies and procedures
- Process, review and submit payroll for those supervised directly by the Executive Sous Chef
- Ensured all supervised staff have current food safety certification and that copies of certificates are on file & readily available
- Accurately and timely submit vendor and department invoices for payment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a high volume food and beverage operation using similar cooking techniques
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in supervisory role and staff development
- Cooking – Knowledge of all basic skills for butchering, sauces, soups, cooking of meat, fish and vegetables; advanced knife skills required; advanced knowledge of menu preparation and food costing.
- Policies — Knowledge of company polices, federal, state and local laws, government regulations and agency rules that pertain to property managed.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for legally identifying the best people for the job, hiring, motivating, developing and directing people as they work.
- Management of Financial Resources — Basic knowledge of economic principles and practices for maintaining a realistic budget, understanding financial reports and the ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Written Comprehension and Expression — Ability to read, understand and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and other software required by TBCC and regulatory agencies. Ability to utilize food & beverage software programs.
- Food safety certified
- Culinary certification required
Hours: Will vary, must be able to work holidays and weekends
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- It is necessary for this position to frequently travel short distances via walking and/or driving, among other transportation possibilities
- The repetitive use of the hands and arms is required to finger, handle, feel and reach.
- It is necessary for the position to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell.
- Position must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities include: close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust visual focus.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to work in a hot environment
Please submit resume, cover letter, and details regarding your availability on the application form here
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bay Club Company (“TBCC”) provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, marital or family status, medical condition, AIDS or AIDS related condition, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.
Who We Are:
We believe life is made up of moments: playing bocce with friends, going for a dip on a hot summer day, and saluting the sun just because it’s up. Somewhere along the way, someone told us that those moments are for Saturdays, not Mondays. That we should work fifty weeks each year just to save up for two weeks of happiness. At the Bay Club, we believe these moments are for every day—because we believe in living life happy. And that means focusing on what really matters like family, good health and finding the time to have fun.
What We Do:
Founded in 1977, the Bay Club enjoyed many industry firsts, eventually moving beyond strictly fitness to forge a unique niche in the hospitality realm by incorporating resort-level programs and services into our clubs—and by grouping complementary properties into amenity-rich campuses. Bolstered by a pioneering spirit, a forward-thinking company culture, and a belief in helping members to live life happy, the Bay Club has created a modernized country club experience through innovations such as the 77 Social Club and Connect Workplace Suites, along with thoughtful amenities, including an in-club Starbucks café and outdoor lounges with shuffleboard courts and fire pits.
The Bay Club Company is headquartered in San Francisco, with clubs from Marin to San Diego and a team of more than 3,000 associates who are guided by integrity, innovation, growth and community. Sparked by imagination and a progressive culture, the Company has entered a growth plan that has taken it from 12 clubs to more than 20 properties in an 18-month period, with continued accelerated growth anticipated over the next five years. And we’re looking for talented and motivated individuals—who also believe in living life happy—to join our quickly growing team!