Who We Are:
We believe life is made up of moments: playing bocce with friends, going for a dip on a hot summer day, and saluting the sun just because it’s up. Somewhere along the way, someone told us that those moments are for Saturdays, not Mondays. That we should work fifty weeks each year just to save up for two weeks of happiness. At the Bay Club, we believe these moments are for every day—because we believe in living life happy. And that means focusing on what really matters like family, good health, and finding the time to have fun.
What We Do:
Founded in 1977, the Bay Club enjoyed many industry firsts, eventually moving beyond strictly fitness to forge a unique niche in the hospitality realm by incorporating resort level programs and services into our clubs—and by grouping complementary properties into amenity-rich campuses. Bolstered by a pioneering spirit, a forward-thinking company culture, and a belief in helping members to live life happy, the Bay Club has created a modernized country club experience through innovations such as the 77 Social Club and Connect Workplace Suites, along with thoughtful amenities, including an in-club Starbucks café and outdoor lounges with shuffleboard courts and fire pits.
The Bay Club Company is headquartered in San Francisco, with clubs from Marin to San Diego and a team of more 3,000 associates who are guided by integrity, innovation, growth, and community. Sparked by imagination and a progressive culture, the Company has entered a growth plan that has taken it from 12 clubs to more than 20 properties in an 18-month period, with continued accelerated growth anticipated over the next five years. And we’re looking for talented and motivated individuals—who also believe in living life happy—to join our quickly growing team!
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Advancement opportunities
- Complimentary full use of Bay Club facilities
- Discounts on services, lessons, amenities, and F&B products.
About the Position
The Assistant General Manager of Fitness is an exempt position whose primary responsibility is the financial success of the fitness program through the on-going creation and/or development of staff, programs, services and facilities. The AGM will provide leadership to the fitness Associates to ensure that member needs are met and that the experience delivered surpasses expectations. The AGM will be required on a daily basis to exercise discretion and independent judgment in ensuring that the fitness program is successful and that the Associates are adequately developed.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and terminates the employment of those supervised in accordance with company polices and directives
- Oversee day-to-day Fitness operations run smoothly and efficiently through a visible management presence and leadership.
- Ensure safety and security through monitoring of facilities, equipment, and operational systems
- Fitness operations including customer service, communication, marketing, purchasing, supplying, budgeting, financial analysis, staffing, training, staff development and supervision
- Manage financial performance of the Fitness program through achievement of sales and revenue targets, expense management, proper planning and forecasting, and retention
- Effectively and professionally interacts and communicates with senior management, managers, other Associates, vendors, members, senior staff, and guests.
- Actively further Fitness objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
- Flexibility in work schedule, as job may require day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Management of Personnel Resources — Knowledge of principles and procedures for legally identifying the best people for the job, hiring, motivating, developing and directing people as they work.
- Management of Financial Resources — Basic knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices for creating a realistic budget, banking, understanding financial reports and the ability to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and other software required by TBCC and regulatory agencies. Ability to utilize spa software programs.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCTION
- Bachelor’s degree in health related field
- Current personal training certification (ACSM, NASM, or NSCA)
- Previous fitness operations managerial experience including revenue generation, expense control, planning and the ability to develop and implement operational systems
- Demonstrated ability to support and develop diverse environment
- At least 2 years experience in personnel supervision, training, and evaluation
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position deals with outside personnel such as members and clients on a regular basis with contact in various forms such as in person, phone and email.
- The location of the position changes frequently from indoors to outdoors as site visits are necessary. However, extreme environmental conditions do not exist.
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations.
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment.
- Sitting and standing is as needed.
- Use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasional lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- It is necessary for the position to travel independently to property locations on a regular basis.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and details regarding your availability on the application form here
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bay Club Company (“TBCC”) provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, marital or family status, medical condition, AIDS or AIDS related condition, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws.