The Café Lead is responsible for assisting management of day-to-day Café operations. This position will oversee front of the house operation to help contribute to the overall success of the Café. The Café Lead coaches café staff to ensure customer service standards.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Helps train, supervise, and develop those supervised in accordance with company policies and directives
- Responsible for schedule and shift coverage
- Help manage breaks and review and monitor payroll to avoid break violations.
- Ensured all supervised staff have current food safety certification and that certificates are on file
- Monitor uniform adherence of all supervised staff
- Greet customers as they enter and exit the Café
- Create and serve food and beverage items
- Promote daily specials and encourage upgrades to each order
- Operate cash register, process payments through cash or credit card handling and/or member charges
- Café opening and/or closing duties, as required
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment according to State and Local food safety standards
- Understand and anticipate the needs of our members and guests; be attentive, listen carefully and follow through; provide exceptional customer service
Food Handling, Preparation and Presentation
- Ensure that front of house is following recipes to ensure consistency
- Ensure quality of food presentation; check front line food preparation area
- Rotate and store all food product to ensure quality and freshness
Sanitation and Safety
- Operates food production equipment according to manufacturers’ instructions
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices, including HAACP guidelines
- Ensure proper safety and sanitation to ensure food and safety compliance
- Daily walk through of line to ensure a clean, organized, safe and well-maintained facility
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment
- Help accurately and timely submit vendor and department invoices for payment
- Help prepare and implement action plans to meet or exceed monthly financial goals
Communication & Relationships
- Effectively and professionally interacts and communicates with management, other Associates, members, guests and vendors.
- Promote harmonious relations among staff, members, guests, vendors, and the community at-large.
- Communicate timely and follow up, as appropriate.
- Active participation in required events, required programs, required meetings and required trainings.
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
Ability to regularly work monthly “close-out” dates for inventory (the final 3 days of every month)
Flexibility in work schedule, as job may require day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Problem Anticipation/ Deductive Reasoning — Ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong and then apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense. Uses logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems and considers the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Written Comprehension and Expression — Ability to read, understand and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to develop and maintain computer records in MS Office programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook and other software required by TBCC and regulatory agencies. Ability to utilize food & beverage software programs.
Minimum 2 years’ experience in food service within a high volume food and beverage operation
Minimum 2 years’ experience in supervisory role and staff development
Food safety certified
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The environment of the position is indoors. It is necessary for the position to adapt to frequent changes in condition as it may include: extreme heat when working with steam, hot water and/or deep fryer, to extreme cold when accessing the walk-in freezer.
Sitting and standing is as needed.
The repetitive use of the hands and arms is required to finger, handle, feel and reach.
It is necessary for the position to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, taste and smell.
Position must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.
Specific vision abilities include: close and distance vision, and the ability to adjust visual focus.
JOB DESCRIPTION REVISION
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change. This job description replaces all previous descriptions for this position.