Who We Are:
We believe life is made up of moments: playing bocce with friends, going for a dip on a hot summer day, and saluting the sun just because it’s up. Somewhere along the way, someone told us that those moments are for Saturdays, not Mondays. That we should work fifty weeks each year just to save up for two weeks of happiness. At the Bay Club, we believe these moments are for every day—because we believe in living life happy. And that means focusing on what really matters like family, good health, and finding the time to have fun.
What We Do:
Founded in 1977, the Bay Club enjoyed many industry firsts, eventually moving beyond strictly fitness to forge a unique niche in the hospitality realm by incorporating resort level programs and services into our clubs—and by grouping complementary properties into amenity-rich campuses. Bolstered by a pioneering spirit, a forward-thinking company culture, and a belief in helping members to live life happy, the Bay Club has created a modernized country club experience through innovations such as the 77 Social Club and Connect Workplace Suites, along with thoughtful amenities, including an in-club Starbucks café and outdoor lounges with shuffleboard courts and fire pits.
The Bay Club Company is headquartered in San Francisco, with clubs from Marin to San Diego and a team of more 3,000 associates who are guided by integrity, innovation, growth, and community. Sparked by imagination and a progressive culture, the Company has entered a growth plan that has taken it from 12 clubs to more than 20 properties in an 18-month period, with continued accelerated growth anticipated over the next five years. And we’re looking for talented and motivated individuals—who also believe in living life happy—to join our quickly growing team!
What We Can Offer You:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Advancement opportunities
- Complimentary full use of Bay Club facilities
- Discounts on services, lessons, amenities, and F&B products.
About the Position
Under the direction of the Director of Group Fitness Operations, the Group Exercise Director is responsible for leading the Group Exercise department, providing safe, creative, and inviting group exercise programs. This leadership position projects clear knowledge and experience of the industry, active solicitation of member opinions regarding the program and ultimately provides members with an exciting and innovative group exercise program. This position oversees group exercise operations to ensure the delivery of professional, high quality, safe, and innovative health and services and programs to our membership. Responsible for the management and revenues associated with all group exercise services and programs. Responsible for providing exceptional customer service, creating an environment of hospitality and luxury, and consistently demonstrate a positive and professional attitude.
- Hires, trains, supervises, develops, and terminates the employment of those supervised in accordance with company policies and directives
- Performs timely performance evaluations on Associates.
- Responsible for implementation of all laws, regulations and policies regarding, employment practices, safety rules and all other company policies and procedures
- Process, review and submit payroll for those directly supervised
Group Exercise Program
- Profitably manage group exercise operations; includes development, implementation and evaluation of comprehensive, member focused, group-fitness-related operational and service standards
- Manage group exercise operations including customer service, communication, marketing, purchasing, supplying, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Ensure departments operate within established guidelines; manage expenses to budgets
- Represent the club in a professional manner through image, dress, communication, and immediate follow through and response
- Provide members with an exciting and innovative group exercise program
- Manage financial performance of the Group Exercise Program through achievement of revenue targets, expense management, and proper planning and forecasting.
- Track, report and analyze the details of financial operation on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
- Prepare and implement action plans to meet or exceed monthly financial goals
- Review applicable financial statements and reports
- Deliver exceptional service experience to members, guests, and Associates
- Assist in marketing Group Exercise program
Communication and Relationships
- Effectively and professionally interacts and communicates with other Associates, members, and guests.
- Active participation in required events, required programs, required meetings and required trainings
Corporate Goals & Objectives
- Promote the company’s safety goals and actively work towards ensuring a safe working environment.
- Actively further corporate objectives and continuously support improvement and positive change, which includes participating on corporate designated committees to improve the company and business operations.
- Make professional development a consistent priority.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
- Flexibility in work schedule, as job may require day and evening shifts, weekends and holidays
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each primary job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Sales and Marketing — Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, and sales techniques.
- Policies and Regulations — Knowledge of company polices.
- Written Comprehension and Expression — Ability to read, understand and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Oral Comprehension and Expression —Ability to understand and communicate so others can understand ideas and information.
- Computer – Ability to utilize scheduling and email communication software, such as Microsoft Outlook.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Current CPR, First Aid, and AED Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Certification with one or more of the following: American Council on Exercise (ACE), Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA), American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), and the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM)
- Previous fitness operations experience
- Proven leadership skills, strong interpersonal and management skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional, friendly manner and excellent customer service attitude and abilities
- Enthusiastic, responsible, and dependable team player
- Self-motivated, takes initiative, ability to work independently in multi-tasked environment
- Well organized and detail oriented
WORKING CONDITIONS/ PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The location of the position changes frequently from indoors to outdoors.
- It is necessary to adapt to a frequently changing environment.
- This position deals with outside personnel such as members and guests on a regular basis with contact in various forms such as in person, phone and email.
- It is sometimes necessary to deal with unpleasant or angry people with the need to problem solve difficult situations.
- This position requires a person to sit, stand, walk; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Please submit resume, cover letter, and details regarding your availability on the application form here
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this job.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Bay Club Company (“TBCC”) provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, marital or family status, medical condition, AIDS or AIDS related condition, sex or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other consideration made unlawful by fe